Apologies for the recent radio silence, normal service has now been resumed. I hope the following words of wisdom will bring a little joy to your day.
1) “Death doesn’t exist. It never did, it never will. But we’ve drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we’ve got to thinking of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy. All it is, however, is a stopped watch, a loss, an end, a darkness. Nothing”.
– RAY BRADBURY from SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES 1962
2) “Death inevitably comes to each of us. Whether it is a time of inner dignity and honor or a pitiful demise is completely reliant on how we live our lives right now, today. In that sense, the “moment of death” truly exists in the present”.
– DAISAKU IKEDA
3) “Death–the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening”.
– WALTER SCOTT
4) “To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead”.
– BERTRAND RUSSELL
5) “All tremble at violence; all fear death. Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill”.
BUDDHA – From DHAMMAPADA