I like quotes. I used to have a big book of Quotations that lived in the toilet..where better to be inspired? I need to find that book again or get a new one. Anyway I hope these little gems may add some perspective to your day or inspire your life in some way.
1) “The last thing one discovers in composing a work is what to put first.”
BLAISE PASCAL from PENSEES
2) “Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back.”
MARCUS AURELIUS from Meditations
3) “Between the dark, heavily laden treetops of the spreading chestnut trees could be seen the dark blue of the sky, full of stars, all solemn and golden, which extended their radiance unconcernedly into the distance. That was the nature of the stars. and the trees bore their buds and blossoms and scars for everyone to see, and whether it signified pleasure or pain, they accepted the strong will to live. flies that lived only for a day swarmed toward their death. every life had its radiance and beauty. i had insight into it all for a moment, understood it and found it good, and also found my life and sorrows good.”
4) “Some people live a lifetime every second, others only a second in a life time with little happiness to find. Learn to seize each and every second and make your life divine”!
STANLEY VICTOR PASKAVICH
5) “The only dream worth having, I told her, is to dream that you will live while you’re alive and die only when you’re dead.”
ARUNDHATI ROY from The Cost of Living