I haven’t posted in a while as I’ve been busy with some other work however as the sun is still shining in this part of the world and it’s Monday morning I thought I’d share another five inspirational bits of wisdom with you all and hope that you have a glorious day.
1) “For certain is death for the born/And certain is birth for the dead; /Therefore over the inevitable/Thou shouldst not grieve”.
BHAGAVAD GITA (250 BC – 250 AD)
2) “He not busy being born is busy dying” – BOB DYLAN
3) “As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death”.
LEONARDO DA VINCI (1452 – 1519)
4) “As men, we are all equal in the presence of death”.
5) “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life”.
Okay so many of us will have woken today feeling like ‘death’, so here’s some inspirational words on the topic to help us live more happy, free and fun filled lives beyond the fear of it’s grip…
1) I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
2) A useless life is an early death.
JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE
3) The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.
MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
4) They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice… that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.
5) I had seen birth and death but had thought they were different.
1) “Live your own life, for you die your own death.” Latin Proverb
2) “As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth” – JOHANN GOETHE
3) “When we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being, and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings” – SOGYAL RINPOCHE
4)” As death, when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence. I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but is very soothing and consoling! I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness” – WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART
5) “Life is a great surprise. I do not see why death should not be an even grater one” – VLADIMIR NABOKOV