Okay so many of us will have woken today feeling like ‘death’, so here’s some inspirational words on the topic to help us live more happy, free and fun filled lives beyond the fear of it’s grip…
1) I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
2) A useless life is an early death.
JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE
3) The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.
MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
4) They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice… that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.
5) I had seen birth and death but had thought they were different.
1) “Live your own life, for you die your own death.” Latin Proverb
2) “As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark Earth” – JOHANN GOETHE
3) “When we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being, and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings” – SOGYAL RINPOCHE
4)” As death, when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence. I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but is very soothing and consoling! I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness” – WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART
5) “Life is a great surprise. I do not see why death should not be an even grater one” – VLADIMIR NABOKOV
Culpeper Minute Men – ready at a minutes notice to fight the British Imperialists..
I like quotes. I used to have a big book of Quotations that lived in the toilet..where better to be inspired? I need to find that book again or get a new one. Anyway I hope these little gems may add some perspective to your day or inspire your life in some way.
1) “The last thing one discovers in composing a work is what to put first.” BLAISE PASCAL from PENSEES
2) “Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back.” MARCUS AURELIUS from Meditations
3) “Between the dark, heavily laden treetops of the spreading chestnut trees could be seen the dark blue of the sky, full of stars, all solemn and golden, which extended their radiance unconcernedly into the distance. That was the nature of the stars. and the trees bore their buds and blossoms and scars for everyone to see, and whether it signified pleasure or pain, they accepted the strong will to live. flies that lived only for a day swarmed toward their death. every life had its radiance and beauty. i had insight into it all for a moment, understood it and found it good, and also found my life and sorrows good.”
4) “Some people live a lifetime every second, others only a second in a life time with little happiness to find. Learn to seize each and every second and make your life divine”!
STANLEY VICTOR PASKAVICH
5) “The only dream worth having, I told her, is to dream that you will live while you’re alive and die only when you’re dead.”